Simple 3D graphics engine
This is a simple 3D graphics engine I've written in Java 1.5 using the Swing windowing toolkit and parts of the Java2D API. It supports the following features:
- Hierarchical scenegraph including Mesh, Rotation, Translation and Light nodes.
- Triangle primitives with helpers for building cubes
- UVN camera with orthographic or perspective projection
- Timer scheduler for animating the scene.
- Rendering system abstraction
- Renderers follow Visitor design pattern
- Software-based renderer
- Wireframe/flat shading
- Simple directional light
- Backface culling
- Pixel-level z-buffer
- Customizable interaction (i.e. user input) handlers
More information can be found in the original blog posting.
Ensure you have Java 1.5+ installed for your browser.
The source code for this engine is licensed under the LGPL 3.
Build instructions can be found in README.txt.